How about some pasta which for a change isn’t Italian style .Something minus tomatoes or cream . Something minus olive oil and herbs . Something that is bold and spicy and perfect for this rainy weather. Dinner tonight was Vegan Mongolian noodles and veggies stir fry in spicy soy ginger sauce for us . I love pasta nights , they are easy to make and a family favorite. I think pasta is the only thing they will readily eat their veggies with.
Mongolian food includes a lot of meat , but this recipe is my vegan take on the same.
Do I sound weird . Well , it’s funny but I got introduced to this spicy stir fry at our community wedding’s and fell in love with it. It’s on the menu at almost every Indian (rajasthani) wedding I have been to and it is called as Mongolian stir fry . Since it has been 2 years , I haven’t been to India and not attended any wedding , I miss the huge feast and mainly this stir fry. There ,this stir fry is prepared minus noodles . But I decided to add it for a complete satisfying meal. I can never forget how it tastes hence I took the liberty to re created it my own way .
I haven’t seen this kinda stir fry on a restaurant menu yet hence whenever I crave for it I make it at home itself.
15 minutes is all it takes start to finish making it a great meal option.
Colorful assorted veggies , greens , fettuccine pasta , ginger , pepper and sauces make up this wonderful stir fry.
I have skipped garlic and onions for a change and kept it more ginger oriented. The clean and bold flavors are just spot on that will leave you asking for more .
After mission beetroot , I am on mission Kale and hence this stir fry has loads of it .
Overall this stir fry comes with a lot of nutrition and yumminess that one would expect from a meal.
- 245 grams/8.6 oz noodles of your choice
- 2 cups chopped kale *
- ½ cup chopped fresh or tinned baby corn
- 1-2 carrots cut /diced
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 bell pepper/capsicum diced
- 1 tablespoon veg/canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil*
- 3 tablespoon dark soy sauce/tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoon raw sugar*
- 2 teaspoon red chilly sauce *
- 1 teaspoon grounded black pepper
- 2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Salt to taste*
For coating the noodles
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce/ tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon chilly sauce
- Cook noodles according to the package. Pass it through a colander , drain the water and cool the noodles under cold water to stop further cooking.
- Coat it with above mentioned ingredients and keep aside.
You can find complete recipes of this VEGAN MONGOLIAN NOODLES AND VEGGIES STIR FRY IN SPICY SOY GINGER SAUCE in carveyourcraving.com