The easiest healthy vegan queso dip made with only 5 ingredients. No one will know it’s vegan, gluten-free, and that it only takes 10 minutes to whip up!
I really never meant to make queso.
Want to know how it all happened? Imma tell you how it all happened. I was minding my own business making a batch of my fave vegan enchiladas and while I was taste testing (as I always do), I thought about how the base of the enchiladas kind of looks and tastes like nacho cheese.
But in the best way. Not the painfully yellow gunk at the stadium, but the good kind. Is there even a good kind? There is today!
I kind of felt like I was eating nacho cheese Doritos. The turmeric gives it this awesome color, and the medium heat chunky salsa adds the perfect spice and overall flavor. It was love at first lick!
This is the easiest recipe ever. Blend, eat, repeat. As far as ingredients go, make sure your cashews are raw, not roasted or salted. The bell pepper and salsa provide the liquid to help blend ’em into creamy, cheese-like greatness. My go-to salsa is Ohio-made Frog Ranch, but use whatever you fancy. Nutritional yeast (which you can find at pretty much any grocery store these days) gives it just enough cheezy flavor. A pinch of salt, some anti-inflammatory turmeric for color, and that is IT my friends.
Five ingredients. Ten minutes. DIEZ MINUTOS MIS AMIGOS!!! (Insert monkey with hands on head emoji here.)
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked if you don’t have high speed blender)
- 1 cup medium chunky salsa
- 1 small red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional but recommended for color)
- If not using a high-speed blender or Nutribullet, soak cashews in a bowl of warm water for a few hours or overnight.
- If using high speed blender or Nutribullet, place cashews in a bowl with warm water. Set aside while you chop pepper.
- Drain and rinse cashews. Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
You can find complete recipes of this EASY VEGAN QUESO in hummusapien.com