Yaaaaaay congratulations on baby’s first tooth! So exciting! I bet he’s growing so quickly! I’m loving this new take on your classic meal – the second I saw it pop up in my feed, I knew it was a classic Primavera Kithen Especiale 😉 I could eat this every single day!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb organic extra-lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove — minced
- ½ cup onions
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- 2 ½ cup sweet potato — diced (cut very small)
- ¼ cup beef broth or water
- 1 medium zucchini — quartered
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup tomato passata — tomato sauce works too
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper — optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley — chopped
FOR THE MEAL PREP
In an iron cast skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add ground beef and garlic. Use a wooden spoon to break up the ground beef while it cooks. Stir occasionally and cook for about 7 minutes. Set aside.
Add onions, red bell pepper to the same skillet, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are soft. If it is necessary, add a little bit of olive oil to help sauté the veggies.
Add sweet potato and beef broth. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Put a lid on the skillet. The steam will help to cook faster the sweet potato. Stir occasionally.
Add the zucchini and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the ground beef to skillet again and mix everything together.
Add the Dijon, tomato passata, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Garnish with fresh parsley.
Place an even amount of cauliflower rice into 5 different plastic/glass containers.
Divide this ground beef zucchini sweet potato recipe into 4-5 portions.
Cover with the lid and place in the fridge for up 5 days.
Heat in the microwave for about 2 mins.
Nat, do you believe I’ve never made a zucchini bread before??? And it is sad to say that I’ve never eaten a zucchini bread before. You’ve inspired to try this recipe soon 😉 Your recipe looks AMAZING, friend!! It is great that you used half the amount of sugar, half whole wheat flour and greek yogurt. It should be very delicious!!
- 1 cup white, unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1–1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium zucchini, about 1 pound, will be about 2 cups once shredded
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup plain, non fat greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, with the oven rack in the middle position. Line 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with 2 sheets parchment paper, 1 running the length and 1 running the width, both cut to fit. This will make it extremely easy to lift the zucchini bread out of the pan. I use binder clips to clamp down the parchment paper so it stays in place.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Shred the zucchini using the coarse holes on a box grater, both peel and flesh. Place the shredded zucchini in a clean dish towel (or strong paper towels), and squeeze out any extra moisture. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, white sugar, honey, greek yogurt, eggs, and coconut oil. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the shredded zucchini and wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Fold until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the parchment lined loaf pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a wooden inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then lift it out of the pan using the parchment paper and cool on a wire rack for another 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
- Wrap bread in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for 3 days.
Food recipes from www.tasteslovely.com
Tried this recipe tonight for the first time and it was awesome! So quick and also moist and delicious! Didn’t want to heat up the house by turning on the oven and now I’ll always make salmon in the air fryer to save time and enjoy the benefits!
- 2 wild caught salmon fillets with comparable thickness, mine were 1-1/12-inches thick
- 2 tsps teaspoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tsps paprika
- generously seasoned with salt and coarse black pepper
- lemon wedges
Remove any bones from your salmon if necessary and let fish sit on the counter for an hour. Rub each fillet with olive oil and season with paprika, salt and pepper.
Place fillets in the basket of the air fryer. Set air fryer at 390 degrees for 7 minutes for 1-1/2-inch fillets.
When timer goes off, open basket and check fillets with a fork to make sure they are done to your desired doneness.
Notes: One of the beauties of the air fryer is that it’s so easy to pop something back in for a minute if you want it cooked longer. You can also open it while it’s cooking to make sure it’s not overdone. I always set my timer for a little less so I can check on how things are coming along so I don’t overcook an item. Things cook so fast sometimes a minute more is all it needs.
Times for cooking will vary for salmon based on the temperature of the fish and the size of your fillets. Always set your air fryer for a little less time than you think until you become more used to the timing of your appliance.
I’m trying this recipe tonight. I absolutely love how easy it is and that I usually have all of these ingredients on hand. I have a 2 year old, a 7 month old, no time, and a very hungry man. Wasn’t sure what I was going to do with these chicken thighs until I stumbled across this post. Thankfully I had all ingredients minus the FRESH thyme sprigs. I do have thyme so hopefully it is still flavorful. Thanks!
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth – divided
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 10-12 Garlic Cloves – halved
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3-4 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- Heat olive oil in large fry pan over medium/high.
- Generously coat chicken with salt and pepper.
- Fry chicken in oil until brown. (5-6 minutes each side)
- Remove chicken from pan and reduce heat to medium/low.
- Quickly add 1/2 cup chicken broth and scrape bottom of pan to deglaze.
- Add butter and garlic. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and add the remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Baste chicken with liquid twice during this time.
- Remove lid. Add lemon juice and thyme.
- Continue cooking until chicken until fully cooked and no pink remains. (about 10 minutes)
I just love those cute pizza boats!!! I can’t believe it’s only takes 25 min. to make them. Thanks for sharing!!!
- 4-5 medium zucchini halved lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano fresh or dry
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine garlic, olive oil. and oregano.
Lay zucchini halves on pre-pared baking sheet and brush with garlic olive oil mixture. Top with about a 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce then with a generous drizzle of shredded mozzarella cheese. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and almost golden. Remove from oven and serve warm. Eat with hands or use a fork and knife. Enjoy!
Delicious!!! I made this tonight for tomorrow’s snack, and had to stop myself from eating the whole thing right out of the oven! I neglected to read the directions all the way through, and mixed everything together before putting it in the oven for 15 minutes, and then under the broiler for 5. Yumm-o!!
- 1 lb zucchini, each cut in half across the middle, then each half quartered lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbes de Provence or dried thyme, or 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped thyme
1 Toss zucchini and garlic with olive oil, spread out onto lined sheet pan: Preheat oven to 450°F. Make sure there is a rack on the top rack spot in the oven. Place the zucchini and garlic in a bowl and toss with olive oil.
Spread the zucchini out onto a foil or silicone-lined sheet pan, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt (1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon).
2 Roast zucchini until it starts to brown, toss with herbs, salt, pepper: Roast the zucchini for 8-15 minutes, or until it begins to brown. (Start checking at about 7 minutes and keep checking every few minutes.)
Once the zucchini has started to brown at the edges, remove it from the oven and place the zucchini in a bowl. Gently mix in the herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
This is my favorite kind of recipe – quick, easy, and delicious (and healthy to boot)! Thank you so much for sharing it. The one thing I’ll do differently next time is TRUST YOU when you say 5 minutes plus just 2 or 3 more. I left them in for about 15 min (they were not getting brown – probably due to too much oil brushed on), so they came out pretty mushy, though still totally delicious. This is definitely my new go-to zucchini dish!
So this is totally happening for dinner this week, maybe even as early as tomorrow! I have a bag of those adorable little peppers in my fridge and I’ve been itching to use them. Plus, yellow squash is one of my favorite veggies and homemade pesto is the bomb! Perfect recipe here, Krista! 🙂
- 1 lb. of whole wheat penne pasta
- Homemade Basil Pesto
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into 1” cubes
- 15–20 mini bell peppers (assorted peppers), tops cut off
- 2 tablespoons of olive
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place zucchini, squash, red onion, and mini bell peppers on baking sheet. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain pasta when done and reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- In a large bowl add cooked pasta, roasted vegetables, basil pesto, and 1/2 cup of reserved cooking liquid. Toss to coat.
- Serve. Top with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
I am so jealous of your basil plethora! I will gladly take some! This roasted veg pasta has my name all over it, I love pasta loaded with veggies and pesto. Yum!
This recipe is a hit! We made it for a football group & they loved it. Just made a new batch for today’s game. Go Seahawks! I found the jalapeños in the pickle section (needed a bit of help to find). The photos are great on the site – thank you! Melanee
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 oz) jar deli-sliced tamed jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: green onions shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream/Greek yogurt
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until brown. Pour turkey into slow cooker.
Add the onion, peppers, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, jalapeños, corn, chili powder, and cumin. Stir and season with salt and pepper.
Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Serve with toppings, if desired.
Note-we use a 6 quart slow cooker.
aha! My favorite season is always the season we’re NOT in. When it’s summer, I’m wishing for winter. When it’s winter, I’m wishing for summer. 🙂 But, in winter, I’m always in the mood for chili….so bring this one on! 🙂
This came out awesome. My husband and toddler loved it. I give it 4 states because I changed the honey to apricot preserves. So this recipe definitely is going to TASTE different than how I made it. Great base recipe. Thank you Layla.
I had to quadruple the sauce recipe after I put half of the stated RECIPE toward the marinading. It wasn’t enough. So added the other HALF equaling the whole amount of the started recipes sauce. I used 3x the sauce recipe for the cooking.
I missed in two cups of brown rice and this dish make it dinner last night. Great save for dinner. Very quick cook time.
*I let my shrimps marinade for 30 minutes.
*I substituted the honey for apricot preserves.
*Made 4x the sauce recipe total -1x for the marinade and 3x for the cooking
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup broccoli florets frozen or fresh
- 1 tablespoon oil
For the Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
Place broccoli florets in a small bowl, fill with a few teaspoons of water and steam in microwave for 2 minutes. Combine the sauce ingredients and divide it into half. Marinate the shrimp with one half of the sauce for 5-10 minutes (or up to 24 hours). Discard marinade.
Heat a heavy duty skillet to high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan then add shrimp. Sear them on both sides in batches of 2 until browned, about 1 minute per side. Add the shrimp back to the pan along with the broccoli, drizzle with remaining sauce, and mix well to combine.