I love a good cookie and adding Gluten Free and Skinny to the mix only makes it better. While I admit, I’ve eaten raw dough (with eggs) for decades, I’m excited to try this recipe because most eggless recipes I’ve seen call for things like chickpeas.
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey (agave nectar for vegan diet)
- 4 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 3 ounces 70-88% dark chocolate bar, crushed
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, honey, peanut butter, applesauce. Stir until fully combined.
- Fold in the crushed dark chocolate and mini chocolate chips
- Mixture will be slightly sticky. Drop the dough onto baking sheet by the Tablespoon.
- They were not spread out during being baked so make sure you have them looking the way you want them to look. I personally like to flatten them and make them more of a circle cookie.
- Bake them for 8-11 minutes or until they have risen and are golden brown.