I’ve made this recipe dozens of times last summer; now that it is starting to get warmer again here in Canada I decided to try it out again. This recipe is absolutely delicious and is amazing at being guilt-free for when you want (need) seconds. Keeps me full from dinner until breakfast the next morning and is so easy to make. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3 oz part skim mozzarella, diced (omit for whole30, paleo)
- 1.25 lbs (8 thin sliced) chicken cutlets
- Combine onion, olive oil, balsamic, 1/4 tsp kosher salt and pepper. Set aside a few minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and place in a large bowl. Combine with garlic, basil, onion-balsamic combo and additional 1/8 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and let it sit at least 10 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Toss in the cheese when ready to serve.
- Season chicken with salt and fresh pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high, clean and oil the grates to prevent sticking.
- Grill the chicken 2 minutes on each side, set aside on a platter and top with bruschetta and serve.
This was delicious and easy. The only thing I would change is that I was using regular boneless chicken breasts…. Next time I will butterfly them. Other than that, I wouldn’t change a thing!