Many apologies for being absent lately. I’m sure I mentioned that my husband has been in and out of the field all month and every time he comes home, we all get sick. And by “we all” I mean the baby and I. Because that’s just the kind of luck we have.
I figured I’d update you on the exciting things that have happened since my last post. Most of it is about the dogs. You’re welcome.
For the apples:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the topping:
- 2/3 cup oats
- 2/3 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3-4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, apples, salt, and cinnamon. Spread onto bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix your crumble topping ingredients until it comes together. Sprinkle it over top of the apples. Cook on low for 4 hours, or high for 2 hours.
- Turn off heat and let sit, covered, for one hour to let the caramel thicken.
You can find complete recipes of this Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Crumble in fakeginger.com