Pumpkin spices along with caramel gooey goodness, in a super simple banana bread turns out to be ohh so delish!!
After much hunting and researching for the perfect recipe to try for this recipe I finally found it. My old recipe I had scribbled down a long time ago and loved it. I have a huge binder of nicely printed out recipes I’ve made. I also have my mom’s old recipes that she had written many, many years ago. Sometimes things don’t get put back in there proper place and you know you have it somewhere. Well that’s the frantic hunt I was on. After turning everything upside-down I finally found it.
At some point I had given up and started looking for a new recipe, but none really sounded right. Then I came across an article from the Dallas News, this started making me nervous. This poor girl tried several recipes, looking for the right one, and finally contacted a professional chef to answer questions about getting the bread out of pan without it sticking. Little did I know there are whole forums on this discussion. Well I’m happy I paid some attention when my Mom baked. I didn’t know there was such turmoil over such things. So I’ve included a picture of what your pan should look like before pouring your batter in.
I guess it’s been a while since I made this, but anyway this is the one, the right one. I had it all along. It was just tucked away in one of those folder side pockets, of course the last place you look is where it turned up. I haven’t a clue where it originally came from. I mean it’s not rocket science, but if something works that’s what I’d rather start with. This is important because I wanted to add a couple new ingredients this time. I had these little caramel bits like chocolate chips only caramel. So some caramel gooey goodness, along with pumpkin spice, in a super simple banana bread turns out to be ohh so delish!!
- 2 cups all purpose flour + extra to coat pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I used McCormick)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter + 1 Tablespoon to coat pan
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 6 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup caramel bits (I used Kraft Caramel Bits)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Adjust oven rack to lower middle
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix by hand
- Mix in mashed bananas, butter, eggs and vanilla beating until smooth
- Add caramel bits and stir in
- Pour into a properly greased bread pan (smear butter over entire inside of your pan and cover with flour, tap all around and discard excess (approx 9x4x4)
You can find complete recipes of this PUMPKIN SPICE CARAMEL BANANA BREAD in sparklesofyum.com