The first time I ever stepped foot into a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory was during a visit to Sedona. The aroma from the store was wafting down the sidewalk and it just about lifted me up by the nose and escorted me inside. My head was swirling. There was case after case of delicious treats to enjoy.
I was with Chad and my then 5 year old daughter. I couldn’t make a decision, everything looks soooo good. We each ordered 2 things to try and all shared. We pretty much declared their Avalanche Bark the best thing on the planet.
Well after a few more run ins with Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and many more treats, I decided to work on a copycat make a home version. If you got a gift basket from me this Christmas, you most certainly tried one of the varieties I worked on. I tried about a dozen variations before we decided that we had perfection.
I tried adding the marshmallows to the hot candy mixture. It was tasty with melted marshmallow, but still not right. On one batch I even left out the chocolate chips, cut down the peanut butter and added sprinkles.
Chad’s review of our No-Bake Avalanche Cookies is this: “they taste like magic”. Well I will take that and then some!
If you have never had the opportunity to sample this heavenly confection, let me tell you all about it and then you can run (don’t walk) to you kitchen and prepare this easy 5 ingredient recipe.
It all starts with a divine peanut butter and vanilla candy base. It is stirred into rice krispies and then combined with fluffy mini-marshmallows and chocolate chips. It’s the ultimate treat. A creamy, fudgy, crunchy, peanut buttery treat that has the right touch of chocolate and is perfectly sweet!
It is almost like they added Rice Krispies, mini marshmallow and chocolate chips to peanut butter fudge. A genius creation! You are going to love it.
With love from our Simple Kitchen to yours!
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 16 ounces vanilla flavored candy coating ( Almond Bark or CandiQuik)
- 1 (15 ounce) jar creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Prepare 2 cookie sheets with a silpat mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in the freezer, until ready to use.
- Melt Almond Bark in a heat safe bowl, microwave at half power for 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth. Meanwhile: Add rice krispies to a large bowl. Set aside.
You can find complete recipes of this No-Bake Avalanche Cookies in theslowroasteditalian