Nice. I only blended 2 cups of the finished product and I cooked the kale longer. I dislike chewy kale. After that I added 1/2 C of Quesadilla shredded cheese with 1/2 C half n half and the soup was nice and creamy w/out being gloppy. I did add some rosemary I dry and grind to a powder and some white wine. Great soup with a few minor tweaks for myself. Used 4 cups of chicken bone broth I make myself so only use 4 cups of cauliflower I roasted before hand. Only one carrot to cut some carbs out and added 2 stalks of diced celery. Great starting point you can alter for your own personal taste. Thank you for posting..I appreciate it.
Took me 3 days to eat it all but I liked it better every day. Thumbs up!
1 large white or yellow onion, diced (390 g)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots (175 g, approx. 1.5 cups chopped)
- 1 tsp each dried parsley and ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 head of cauliflower (775 g, approx. 7 cups chopped)
- 4 cups lightly packed, chopped, de-stemmed kale (120 g)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Saute the onions and garlic in a a few splashes of vegetable stock until they start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the chopped carrots, parsley and thyme. Cook a few more minutes, adding a bit more stock if needed so it doesn’t stick.
- Add in the vegetable stock and chopped cauliflower.
- Simmer until the cauliflower is tender.
- Place about 3/4 of the soup into a blender, leaving some pieces of carrot and cauliflower behind so it will be somewhat chunky.
- Process until smooth and then pour the blended soup back into the pot.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chopped kale. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving to allow kale to soften.