Making this for sure! I do have a question though. Once you get the “rice” is it freezable either before cooking or after the recipe is made? I love to have some prepared meals on hand, plus I freeze excesses if we have leftovers. Ingredients were on my list yesterday for shopping so I have the on hand this week!! Thank you!
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup carrots, cubed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- Chop head of cauliflower into florets and place in food processor. Pulse until it starts to resemble rice; set aside.
- Heat a large wok (or skillet) over medium heat and drizzle in sesame oil. Add onion, peas and carrots and saute until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Slide veggie mixture to one side of the wok and add in the beaten eggs, scrambling until cooked through and then incorporate with the veggies.
- Stir in cauliflower “rice” and pour the soy sauce over top, mixing well. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until cauliflower is soft and tender.
- Top with green onions, serve and enjoy!
This was honestly amazing! I made it today and I wish I had made more. I added some Thai sweet chilli sauce to it and omg INCREDIBLE. My family are already asking me to make it again tomorrow. Thank you for a wonderful recipe 🙂