Smooth, creamy and ready in just five minutes, this cookies and cream dip is single serve and deceivingly healthy! This generous dip is packed full of protein and very low in sugar, yet you’d never tell by its taste and texture! Naturally gluten free, vegan, dairy free, paleo and with a high protein option!
My good mate Dave (who has a new member in his family- Go stop by and demand him to name him Arman congratulate him!) sparked the most intense craving a few weeks ago when he shared this amazing Oreo Cheesecake recipe.
I already told him in his post (you can see it in the comments section!) but growing up, my all time favorite cake/cheesecake was the Oreo cheesecake. My mum’s best friend Catherine (Hi Aunty Catherine! Yes, I am taking care of myself and drinking water with lemon upon waking……) has a sister whom is an amazing pastry and dessert chef. She was head chef at the Sheraton Hotel back in Melbourne and on random occasions, would gift Catherine with leftover desserts.
Catherine and my mum used to work together on the same floor (that’s how they became friends). Whenever Catherine’s sister gave her leftovers from the restaurant, she’d always share it with my mum, probably in an attempt to fatten her up. Mum would always enjoy some of whatever Catherine gave her, but would always keep some for Niki and me to share that night.
I remember the first time mum brought home a slice of the oreo cheesecake and I asked her if someone had thrown dirt in it. After telling me off for making such a rude statement, she informed me my favorite cookie (oreos) were crushed up and blended with the cheesecake filling to produce this decadent dessert. I remember scoffing down an entire slice of it before greedily asking Niki to share hers with me. Being the fussy cow fussy person she is, simply hearing ‘cheese’ and ‘cake’ in the same sentence put her off.
- 1/2- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce OR 1 small/medium mashed banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice (I tried a paleo blend, a vegan blend and a casein blend)*
- 1-2 T granulated sweetener of choice**
- 1 T coconut flour (Can sub for gluten free oat flour if not strictly paleo)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1-2 Paleo ‘nutella’ cookie, crushed (or chocolate cookies of choice)
- 2 T nut butter of choice (I used almond butter)
- 1 T pure maple syrup (can sub for another sticky sweetener)
- Dairy free milk***
- In a mixing bowl, combine your applesauce/mashed banana with the protein powder, coconut flour, granulated sweetener of choice and sea salt and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with maple syrup until combined. Stir in the vanilla extract and pour into the dry mixture and mix well until fully combined. If batter is still too crumbly, using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk until a very firm batter is formed. If batter is too thin, add a dash more flour. Stir through your crushed cookies of choice until fully mixed in.
You can find complete recipes of this Healthy Cookies and Cream Dip for One in thebigmansworld.com