This lightened-up Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Banana Bread is made without butter or oil, but so soft and tender that you’d never be able to tell! Not quite pumpkin bread, not quite banana bread, it combines hints of both to create a healthy and delicious fall-inspired snack.
Allow me to introduce you to the product of my indecisiveness — also known as pumpkin banana bread. Because why force yourself to decide between pumpkin bread and banana bread when you can have both in one ridiculously soft and tender loaf, amiright? And why go through the hassle of making two separate loaves when when you can combine the two and have the best of both worlds?
That, my friends, is what we call winning at life.
Actually… that’s what we call spur-of-the-moment “toss everything into a bowl and hope for the best” baking experiments gone [mercufully] right… but it sounds so much better when I act like I actually planned for things to turn out that way.
The truth is that I was originally planning on sharing a pumpkin pancake recipe with you guys today… until a few things got in the way of my carefully scribbled out plans.
- 1½ cups (150 g) all-purpose flour*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium-size ripe banana, mashed (100 g or 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup (120 g) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (115 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins: 1/2 cup (45 g) chocolate chips/raisins/nuts/etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23 x 13 cm) bread pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add mashed bananas, pumpkin, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
You can find complete recipes of this Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Banana Bread in runningwithspoons.com