I made this tonight and was totally amazed at how great it tasted!!! I substituted coconut oil for the vegetable oil and did 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. I gobbled it up without having even realizing! My husband was skeptical of the cauliflower Rice and he too was very impressed! This is now a go to low carb, high protien bowl of yumminess!!!
- 8 ounces shrimp, small uncooked, shelled and deveined (26/30 count shrimp)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to season the rice
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper, freshly ground, plus more to season the rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced in ¼-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 head cauliflower, shredded into very small pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil, , La Tourangelle
- 2 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
Using the largest holes on a cheese grater, grate each cauliflower floret into small pieces, similar to the size of a grain of rice or to the size of a pea. Set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, season shrimp with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. The pan is hot enough when a bead of water instantly sizzles and evaporates. Once this happens, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pan, swirl to coat.
- Add the shrimp to the pan in one even layer. Allow the shrimp to cook for 30 seconds, and then flip over and cook for another 30 seconds. The shrimp should be pink and cooked through, being careful not to overcook. Transfer shrimp to a large plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and pour in the beaten eggs. Use a quick stirring motion to cook and break the eggs into small scrambled pieces. Once the eggs are almost fully cooked, transfer to the plate with the shrimp.
- Carefully wipe the pan clean. Increase the heat to medium-high and add one tablespoon of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds, until fragrant but not browned.
- Add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes, until tender. Add the peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower, stir to combine. Spread the cauliflower mixture out evenly in the pan so that it has more area to fry, allow to cook without stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Mix the rice and lower heat to medium and cover the pan and cook until the cauliflower rice is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and sesame oil, stirring to combine. Taste the rice and add more soy sauce, salt and pepper as needed.
- Add the eggs and shrimp, stir, and cook for a few more minutes. Garnish with sliced green onions.