Roasted Vegetable Grain Bowls – a gluten free grain bowl filled with spiced roasted vegetables then covered in a creamy Tzatziki Sauce. A meal your family will love and perfect for meatless Monday!
It’s been a while since I burnt something. And when I say burnt something, I mean bad. Like the point where it is crusted on the pan!
I guess I was due. So what happened?
Moroccan Roasted Vegetables:
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut into ½” slices
- 2 carrots, cut into 1” slices
- 14 oz. can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated cucumber
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry dill
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- salt to taste
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In large bowl, add cauliflower, red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, zucchini, carrots, and chickpeas.
- In a small bowl, add ground cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground coriander.
- Add the spice blend to the vegetables along with olive oil. Toss to coat everything.
- Spread vegetables out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss the vegetables around. Bake for another 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the meantime add quinoa and water to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to simmer for 15 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- In a small bowl, add greek yogurt, grated cucumber, lemon juice, dry dill, garlic clove, and salt to taste. Stir to combine everything.
- Serve quinoa with roasted vegetables and finish with 2 tablespoons of the tzatziki sauce. Serve