I’m trying this recipe tonight. I absolutely love how easy it is and that I usually have all of these ingredients on hand. I have a 2 year old, a 7 month old, no time, and a very hungry man. Wasn’t sure what I was going to do with these chicken thighs until I stumbled across this post. Thankfully I had all ingredients minus the FRESH thyme sprigs. I do have thyme so hopefully it is still flavorful. Thanks!
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth – divided
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 10-12 Garlic Cloves – halved
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3-4 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- Heat olive oil in large fry pan over medium/high.
- Generously coat chicken with salt and pepper.
- Fry chicken in oil until brown. (5-6 minutes each side)
- Remove chicken from pan and reduce heat to medium/low.
- Quickly add 1/2 cup chicken broth and scrape bottom of pan to deglaze.
- Add butter and garlic. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and add the remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Baste chicken with liquid twice during this time.
- Remove lid. Add lemon juice and thyme.
- Continue cooking until chicken until fully cooked and no pink remains. (about 10 minutes)