Mmm..so many delicious flavors in this!! It looks so hearty & filling!
One-Pot Hearty Vegetable Soup – Easy to make, healthy and completely delicious! This vegetable beef soup is packed full of veggies and is Whole30 approved, gluten-free and paleo.
VEGETABLE SOUP VARIATIONS
- If you’d like to make this a true vegetable soup, feel free to omit the hamburger. However, I like to add it in to make it a little more filling.
- Try mixing in other vegetables such as cauliflower, zucchini or squash.
- Use sweet potatoes instead of red potatoes.
- Use lean turkey or hamburger for less fat.
- Top with fresh herbs for more flavor. My favorite is basil, but oregano and parsley work great too.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 2-3 small potatoes or sweet potatoes , peeled and diced (can also substitute with cauliflower)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 14.5 ounces rotel , or diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder , more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt , more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper , more to taste
OPTIONAL: FRESH BASIL AND SLICED AVOCADO FOR TOPPING
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute. Next stir in the ground beef and cook until browned. Drain any remaining fat.
Stir in potatoes, celery and carrots, rotel, tomato sauce and water. Bring to a light simmer and then stir in the balsamic vinegar, chili powder, salt and pepper.
Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for about 30-45 minutes (or until the potatoes and carrots are fork tender), stirring occasionally.
Top with fresh basil and sliced avocado if desired.