Love, love, love this salad! The dressing/marinade on the chicken is delicious. My boyfriend loves it so much that he wants to eat it every other day, so I said okay, no problem. Just so we won’t get tired of it I’m going to try it with grilled tuna one day, another day with grilled steak, another with salmon. Just to change it a bit, since we’re goin to eat it very often. Also I changed a few of the toppings by adding quinoa, mushrooms and broccoli. With that dressing can’t go wrong with what we add. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper , to taste
- 1 pound (500 g) skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets (or chicken breasts)
- 4 cups Romaine (or Cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives (or black olives), sliced (optional)
- Lemon wedges to serve
Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large jug. Pour out half of the marinade into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as the dressing later.
Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; marinade chicken for 15-30 minutes (or up to two hours in the refrigerator if time allows). While waiting for the chicken, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl.
Once chicken is ready, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a grill pan or a grill plate over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad. Drizzle salad with the remaining UNTOUCHED dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.