Hello! This was my first slow cooker meal ever. Thanks for making it such a great one! I altered slightly by first sautéing onion, a sweet pepper, and garlic in olive oil. I used home cooked black beans. Otherwise I followed the recipe! The flavors really melded in this dish and the chicken came out tender and delicious. I had enough to serve now plus freeze for later. Win win! Exceeded my expectations. Will definitely cook this again.
- 24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
- 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt to taste
- Combine chicken broth, beans (drained), corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot.
- Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.
- Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste.
- Serve over rice or tortillas and with your favorite toppings.
- Cook high pressure 25 minutes, quick or natural release.