So this is totally happening for dinner this week, maybe even as early as tomorrow! I have a bag of those adorable little peppers in my fridge and I’ve been itching to use them. Plus, yellow squash is one of my favorite veggies and homemade pesto is the bomb! Perfect recipe here, Krista! 🙂
- 1 lb. of whole wheat penne pasta
- Homemade Basil Pesto
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into 1” cubes
- 15–20 mini bell peppers (assorted peppers), tops cut off
- 2 tablespoons of olive
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place zucchini, squash, red onion, and mini bell peppers on baking sheet. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain pasta when done and reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- In a large bowl add cooked pasta, roasted vegetables, basil pesto, and 1/2 cup of reserved cooking liquid. Toss to coat.
- Serve. Top with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
I am so jealous of your basil plethora! I will gladly take some! This roasted veg pasta has my name all over it, I love pasta loaded with veggies and pesto. Yum!