This was perfect. I made it with a side of brown rice (cooked in chicken broth). I halved the recipe. The only thing I did differently was instead of the olive oil, I used 1/4 chicken broth. (watching my calories). Marinated for 10 mins. Then sautéed for a few mins (and added water as needed). Fabulous and healthy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled (except for tails) and deveined
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, juice, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Set aside and marinate for 20 minutes.*
- Preheat oven broiler on high.**
- Spread shrimp along with marinade in single layer in an oven-proof skillet or baking pan.
- Place in center of oven and broil for 3 minutes, until pink.
*Shrimp may be marinated for longer, up to a day. If marinating longer than 20 minutes, omit lime/lemon juice, then add juice just before cooking.
**If needed, shrimp may also be cooked stove top. Cook over medium heat for until done (about 3 minutes), turning halfway through.