A thick, creamy, hearty and delicious potato soup loaded with veggies. Grab a spoon and dig in to this Creamy Dairy Free Potato Soup with Kale.
I think you know by know how much I love soup. I could seriously eat it every day. This is another really easy one that comes together quickly. Keep reading to see how I made this Creamy Dairy Free Potato Soup with Kale so thick and rich!
PERFECT FOR LEFTOVER VEGGIES
This potato soup came about because I had a bunch of veggies sitting around that needed to be used up. The easiest way to use up any veggie is to throw it in a soup. I didn’t even intend for this to become a blog recipe, but it turned out so amazingly delicious, that I knew I had to share it with you guys!
I used celery, carrots, and corn in addition to the potatoes and kale, but you can throw in whatever you like. Broccoli, turnips, and peas would all be great choices as well.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels (or fresh if you have it)
- 4 cups diced potatoes, peeled (about 5-6 medium size)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, I used So Delicious Dairy Free Culinary Coconut Milk optional
- a few dashes sriracha or hot sauce
- Sauté the onion and garlic with 1-2 tbsp water in a soup pot over medium heat for about 3 minutes until starting to soften
- Add the carrot and celery and sauté 3-4 more minutes. Add another tbsp or 2 of water if needed so the vegetables don’t stick.
- Add the vegetable broth, potatoes, dill, celery salt, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
You can find complete recipes of this Creamy Dairy Free Potato Soup with Kale in veggieinspiredjourney.com