The Best Gluten Free Pizza Crust- (Vegan Egg Free) EVER. This gluten free crust reminds me of chewy wheat based take out pizza. This gluten free pizza crustcrust is soft, chewy, and crispy all at once. It is also gluten free and egg free makes it even better for those with food allergies.
Pizza is another staple that gluten free living loves to thrown a wrench in. There are plenty ofoff the shelf pre-made gluten free pizza crusts available…but…they just don’t…um…have much appeal. If you like them and they work with your list of food allergies ignore me… But if you don’t, keep reading. 🙂
It’s not that I wouldn’t jump at the chance to use a pre-made crust. We food allergy moms (and dads) have to make everything. It’s mainly in part because I haven’t found one that is egg free. Or soy free. Or sunflower free… It’s just easier to make it myself with piece of mind that will be safe.
Another thing I would have to confess: I am a pizza SNOB. I can’t help it. My family ate pizza at least 3 times a week growing up. I even worked at a pizza place briefly in high school. The best pizza in my option has a slightly thicker crust (not too thick), is chewy, soft and crispy all at the same time. The trifecta of great textures, gluten free or not. 😀
Gluten free breads are tricky to achieve the correct texture. Remember how long it took me to make a good gluten free hamburger bun? Well, this was similar. Not so much with ingredients, since you’ll note it’s very similar to the buns. But more so the techniques to get the crispy-chewy-thing all together.
- 2 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose hybrid flour
- 1 3/4 cup water or milk of choice
- 1 packet or 2 1/2 tsp of dry active rapid rise yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 T oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp guar or xanthan gum
- 3 tsp powdered pectin
- Heat liquid to 110 degrees. Add yeast and sugar. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes to start foaming.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly
- Pour all wet ingredients. Mix by hand for 2 minutes (or use a stand mixer if you own one)
- Dough will be sticky. Grease hands lightly with oil. Scoop out and knead with your hands another 5 minutes on parchment paper or cutting board sprinkled with GF all purpose flour.
- Cover dough in the bowl and allow to rise about 25 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat oven for at least 25 minutes prior to baking with the baking sheet inside the oven (measure the parchment paper size before placing in oven)
You can find complete recipes of this BEST GLUTEN FREE PIZZA CRUST- (VEGAN EGG FREE) in etiteallergytreats.com