This Adorable Turkey Crust Pumpkin Pie is easy to recreate and will amaze your family and friends this holiday season. Let me show you how easy it is to assemble, and bake, this fun Thanksgiving holiday treat.
I thought I’d kick off #PumpkinWeek2016 with a bang this year and share with you this Adorable Turkey Crust Pumpkin Pie. The key to assembling the turkey crust, so he doesn’t drown in all that luscious pumpkin filling, is to bake the pumpkin pie partially before adding Mr. Tom Turkey on top. That way the custard pie will be set enough so that the turkey crust will sit on top of the pie and won’t be eaten up and fall to the bottom of the pie, rendering him invisible. That would be no fun at all!
To simplify the process of making this Adorable Turkey Crust Pumpkin Pie I used some store-bought pie crust that can be found in the refrigerator section of the grocery store. If you have a penchant for making your own crust, by all means use your favorite recipe, but be sure you make enough for a double crust pie.
Are you ready to make this Adorable Turkey Crust Pumpkin Pie? Great! Let’s begin!
- 2 – unbaked pie crusts for 9″ pie
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out one of the pie crusts to fit slightly larger than a 9″ deep dish pie plate.
- Loosely roll the pie crust upon the rolling pin and transfer it to a waiting 9″ pie plate.
- Gently unroll the crust and evenly press the crust into the corners and up the sides of the plate.
- Crimp the edge of the crust with your favorite method of decoration.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk to thoroughly combine the pie filling so that it’s creamy, with no lumps.
- Carefully pour the pie filling into the waiting pie crust in the pie plate.
- Partially bake the pie in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
You can find complete recipes of this Adorable Turkey Crust Pumpkin Pie in kudoskitchenbyrenee.com